Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hmmm...?

This post is going to be a sort of catch up post, because i didn't do one last week and i really want to talk about this week's lecture so I'll do another one shortly about that. So my assignment... I'm doing a website type thing about pictures of spiders, its at www.arsekickx8.freewebpages.org if you're interested. I thought i was doing a pretty good job too. Michael said he didn't want us to use dreamweaver because it doesn't show that we've learnt about what he's teaching. So I didn't. I made the background thing myself in paint for mac and posted it flickr and linked to it with the CSS in such a way that it repeats over and over again. I think it looks great and i was very proud of it until my tute yesterday when pirate guy said "Well you've mastered HTML, now if you can just make it look good."

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot, pirate guy.

He said it looks liek the internet used to look ten years ago. So I looked around to see what everyone else was doing. Dreamweaver. I swear to god if i get marked down because everyone elses is flashy and special then I'm going to be very upset. I didn't even use a template or anything for my site, i just thought about what a site looked like and I used what i knew to make it look like a website. Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Some excellent examples from Project A were showcased in workshops:
    * they showed capability to hand code HTML + CSS in a way that could be readily understood, reused and learned from by others.
    * they used internet API's, feeds and embedded media that was dynamic and provided exampes of networked media that could not exist offline
    * they create new kinds of content and cultural forms through many-to-many aggregation of media and information from diverse online sources.

    None of them used Dreamweaver.

    See
    http://www.theliteralerror.webs.com/
    http://recycleddrinkingwaterdebate.webs.com/
    http://uni.robertpolmear.com/nmp/projecta/

    ReplyDelete